Hooligans

WELCOME TO THE NEW HOME OF THE HOOLIGANS
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Why i am going to college

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reaper
The Ringleader
avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Why i am going to college   Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:08 pm

One of my instructors asked a question.
"Each of you have different reasons for why you are wanting to complete your degree. But I would be interested in seeing what value you think the college degree has."

so i gave him this

Basically, I am here to get a piece of paper that says I know what I have been doing for the last 10 years. Understanding that mainstream thinking is, if I have a degree I have to be smart or worthy of hiring. Having worked with overly certified people this is not the case. But going to college is a necessary evil these days. Otherwise I could just read a few books and get the same if not more education than i would if i had paid thousands of dollars and sat around for hours listening to an under paid instructor ramble on about his or her lesson plans.

The best phrase I have heard to sum this all up is " A degree just means that you knew the right answers to the right questions at the right time. It doesn't mean you learned anything." However, we would all hope that somewhere down the line everybody will retain enough to be "smart".


haha i love this hyer lernin stuf Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Shocked
Back to top Go down
Maverick
Admin
avatar

Posts : 126
Join date : 2010-01-23
Age : 29
Location : San Antonio, TX

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:17 pm

It is all apart of the plan Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://hooliganhaven.forumotion.com
Gearhead
Busts nuts all day
avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 37
Location : in your back pocket!!

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:56 am

yeah.....no, i'm good. they pay for me to go to school.
Back to top Go down
Noctem
GunWhore
avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 pm

all I want is the certificate that says im smart, and im outa here
Back to top Go down
Reaper
The Ringleader
avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Noctem wrote:
all I want is the certificate that says im smart, and im outa here

if i could find a way to create a diploma and change thier database....i would have finished the class...because being able to do that means i know more than the course offers...and therefore achieved thier goals...right?
Back to top Go down
Noctem
GunWhore
avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:36 am

na, they only want your money
Back to top Go down
Reaper
The Ringleader
avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:52 am

i will have to agree....but it is funny tho...if i had done this before i went into the army i could get federal student loans and then have the army pay them off for me...basically move money from one government agency to another....and i never have to pay anything lol
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Professor Win
avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:37 am

I am going to college because I am TIRED of staving to death.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Noctem
GunWhore
avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:57 pm

is it bad that Im kinda starving AT college?
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Professor Win
avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 am

Noctem wrote:
is it bad that Im kinda starving AT college?

Its different for you and I. You are a full time student and work/play when you can. I work full time and study/school when I can. The difference is, you will graduate faster and be able to join the real world and make your better money faster. As I, will have to slowly go to school and work at the same time. Your 2 year degree will take me close to 3 with summer school. No
Back to top Go down
Noctem
GunWhore
avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:22 am

Squidly wrote:
Noctem wrote:
is it bad that Im kinda starving AT college?

Its different for you and I. You are a full time student and work/play when you can. I work full time and study/school when I can. The difference is, you will graduate faster and be able to join the real world and make your better money faster. As I, will have to slowly go to school and work at the same time. Your 2 year degree will take me close to 3 with summer school. No

Im getting a bachelor of arts in psychology.....4 years
Back to top Go down
Gearhead
Busts nuts all day
avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 37
Location : in your back pocket!!

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:09 pm

that would take squidleh like 8 or 9 years to complete!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Professor Win
avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Gearhead wrote:
that would take squidleh like 8 or 9 years to complete!!! bounce

HA! I have a dick! You can eat it... cheers
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Professor Win
avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Noctem wrote:
Squidly wrote:
Noctem wrote:
is it bad that Im kinda starving AT college?

Its different for you and I. You are a full time student and work/play when you can. I work full time and study/school when I can. The difference is, you will graduate faster and be able to join the real world and make your better money faster. As I, will have to slowly go to school and work at the same time. Your 2 year degree will take me close to 3 with summer school. No

Im getting a bachelor of arts in psychology.....4 years

I know that. What I mean is, you can focus full time on school and be done quicker and be in the money quicker. Me, on the other hand. It will take me a while. Smile
Back to top Go down
Reaper
The Ringleader
avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:33 pm

if i can stay on track i will have started later and finish earlier than noctem all online and also have a BA in IT
Back to top Go down
Noctem
GunWhore
avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:57 pm

cept you also have prerequisites, so you can skip most classes. This school wont even accept my fucking AP credits from highschool, so Im starting from scratch
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Professor Win
avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:45 am

Noctem wrote:
cept you also have prerequisites, so you can skip most classes. This school wont even accept my fucking AP credits from highschool, so Im starting from scratch

For the Lose! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why i am going to college   

Back to top Go down
 
Why i am going to college
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Woodbridge College's 4th Annual Invitational
» 4th Annual Woodbridge College Invitational Results
» George Brown College - Recruitment Night Dec. 20
» Ryan Bourgeois - Keene State College Owls
» Brian Troy - Rivier College Raiders

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hooligans :: General Forum :: The Realm of Reaper-
Jump to: